Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Flooring materials

Being that this is a basement that I am presently renovating, I made sure to chose appropriate materials for the room. I wanted to make sure the floor was properly insulated before I installed the finished flooring on it. For this exact purpose, instead of building a traditional sub-floor, I bought some Delta FL. This is a big roll of hard plastic with dimples in it. It acts as a moisture barrier and lets air circulate underneath it. It should properly insulate the floor. On top of that I will put 5/8" plywood and then laminate flooring. I got some 10mm laminate on sale and think it will be just fine.
I can't wait to see if this will make for a warmer floor. One thing is for sure, it will be better than the old linoleum tile that was directly on the concrete!

No comments:

Post a Comment