Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Electricity and summertime slow-down...

Hey all!

I  have been working... not so hard on my renovation projects lately. It is hard to stay focused in the summer as there is just so much else going on and it is easy to get distracted. As I am presently working on the basement, it is not a primary living area. That means it is not a priority and tends to be left aside for other more urgent things...
In any case, last week I finally finished up the pot-lights in the ceiling. As previously stated, I have split them on two circuits and didn't do my wiring properly. Three lights were fed in series instead of parallel. That means the power was split between all three lights instead of being split before the lights and having full intensity in each.
I found a useful little tool for planning out your home electricity work: http://phet.colorado.edu/en/simulation/circuit-construction-kit-dc. This saved me many headaches!!!
On to the sub-floor!

No comments:

Post a Comment